I really, really, really need to get back in the habit of posting again. orz
So hi~! :D :D :D Here, have a checklist.
Things I Have Been Doing:
- Reading Natsume Yuujinchou! Parts of this series make me very nostalgic for old school Holic. ): But that's okay, really, because I liked old school Holic! The whole thing is very...soothing? Yes. Normally I love stories that I can sink my analytical teeth into (yes, my teeth are analytical, don't hate), but NY has this nice, chill, otherworldly vibe to it that's very relaxing. I think I have to be in the mood to read/watch it, though.
- The last Holic OAV. ...no, you know what? I'm not even gonna go there. If I do I'll just spend (another) an hour tearing my hair out and blubbering. (alksdfjasfd, DOUMEKI. D:)
- D. Gray-Man! I just started this series a little while ago and am now all caught up on the latest chapters and making my way through the anime. (Have noticed quite a bit of filler, heh.) Overall I really, really like it. Lavi's my favorite, not gonna lie. And I've got a soft spot in my heart for poor emo Crowley. xD I hear there's been some massively long hiatuses for this series which I, for one, am glad to have missed. Still, I can see where the breaks in narrative occurred. I'm not sure how I feel about the new art (I LOVED how the characters were drawn in the Ark arc) and the action leading to the last Big Flashback Sequence was a bit messy and rushed, imo, but I'm still really interested to see where this all goes.
- Pandora Hearts. I...I'm not sure I can say anything without breaking into AJSDFA'KSLD*OMG*JFA'SKLDJFASKJDF*SPOILER*ASLKDFALKSDFJ*SOB*ASKDJF;ASJDFASFD. I've decided to do a reread of PH starting very soon, though. :D There are still a lot of plot threads left dangling and I want to see if I can find them all.
- (PH continued) oh, and considering the events of the last chapter...does this mean ::spoiler:: will become a Duke? Yeah. Think about that. I'm not sure it would really be allowed to happen, all things considered, but...it's possible. And that's pretty mindblowing.
- Avatar the Last Airbender. I've been rewatching the series along with the Mark Reads/Watches site which has been great fun so far. The episode-a-day schedule is a bit slow, but worth it in the end. He starts Book 2 next week. *excited*
- Oofuri. I need to get caught back up. orz
- Reborn! *gigglesnort* Ah, KHR. Never change. Oh! Before I forget - What We Fought For by Metisket. Go read this right now. Run, do not walk. This fic is amazing. It's long, plotty, with great characterization and it has research notes. <3 The author calls it a real!mafia AU. I call it a freaking masterpiece. The story takes place just after Tsuna and Co return from the future. As the kids grow up, they find out that the mafia world, largely due to the Vongola's own growing power, has taken a step back from the flashy tactics of old. The Italian mafia no longer relies on flames, or rings, or high stakes battles - it has turned into the real world of Camorra clans. How does Tsuna deal with the real!mafia while still trying to protect his family? Seriously, this fic is amazing, check it out. And while you're at it, check out the author's other fics, too. She's amazing.
Quote from the fic, after Tsuna comes up with his Big Plan To Fix The Mafia and has to explain it to his Guardians:
Lambo had initially burst into tears, but Tsuna won him over by promising that no Bovinos would be shot. Ryouhei is game for anything extreme. Gokudera required a knock-down, drag-out argument and Yamamoto required two hours of careful explanation, but they’re both behind him now. Hibari finds the discipline in Southern Italy to be utterly lacking, and has threatened to fix it before. The prospect of a mafia family breaking the back of mafia power in Italy, meanwhile, delights Mukuro down to the bottom of his twisted soul. And finally, there’s Chrome, who has a higher opinion of Tsuna’s intelligence than she ought to, and is largely indifferent to the fate of anyone who isn’t Vongola. She sees nothing wrong with Tsuna’s plan.
So yeah! How've you all been lately? :D